Dr.Guttler’s Thyroid Patient’s Road Map for Obtaining Their Way From Fear and Anxiety of Finding a Nodule with Symptoms, Cosmetic and possible cancer Issues.
To the Relief of Resolving the Problem With Little or No Damage to Their Thyroid Gland or the your Health.
1. Don’t let your fears and anxiety cause you to loose site of the goals.
2. Benign thyroid nodules are not cancer.
3. Don’t let your desire to solve the problem by the most available way with surgery.
4. Consider the downside you don’t think about when you are rushed to solve it with surgery.
5. You will loose half of your thyroid, and most likely need to take thyroid hormone for life.
6. You will spend time in the hospital to have the surgery, exposed to deadly hospital based infections.
7. You will be subject to possible complications such as voice changes and calcium imbalance, and recovery symptoms of pain, drug hangover, loss of ability to work for days, and the removal of stitches from your new neck scar.
8. Benign thyroid nodules cause symptoms and look bad. Neither requires surgery.
9. There are minimally invasive methods to solve your problem with the least downside compared to surgery.
10 Mostly fluid filled nodules are best ablated by chemical method using Ethanol called Ethanol Ablation EA, or PEI.
11. Mixed cyst/solid benign nodules can be best treated by radiofrequency ablation RFA or a combination of EA and RFA.
12. Your problem with extended time with anxiety and fear it might be cancer will be solved without any serious problems for your feature life.
13. Have no fear you have other low risk options for your solid benign nodule.
14. RFA can solve your two problems and leave you whole.The reduction in the size by about 50% will solve the symptoms and cosmetic issues without surgery.
15. The decreased quality of life issues associated with removal of all or half of your thyroid by surgery and long term dose adjustments of your thyroid hormone dose will not happen. Your life will be normal without reduced Quality issues from surgery.
16. The effect of using minimally invasive therapy is to relieve your fear of the unknown with surgery and cool your anxiety level by a quick resolution of your problem with EA or RFA.
17. Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin to solve your problems that are causing you to fail to enjoy your life.
18. Ask for Alicia
Thyroid Radiofrequency RFA Road Map to Success for Your treatment of Thyroid Nodule or Cancer.
- Do not settle for the surgeon’s initial recommendation, but seek outside opinions.
- Thyroid surgery is not an emergency even for thyroid cancer. You have time to explore other options.
- Do your homework and look on the internet for information on alternative therapies including ethanol PEI and RFA.
- Read about the success of RFA and ethanol ablation PEI treatment without surgery for cysts,nodules and selected cancer.
- Find a interventional thyroidologist to help you toward your goals.
- Send your records including ultrasounds and biopsies prior to the consultation.
- Set up a consultation to see if thyroid RFA is right for you.
- If you are a candidate, you need blood tests, including clotting screen.
- Questions are asked to see if you have any serious illnesses, allergies, metal objects in your body from past surgery, and no pacemaker.
- Set a date for the 20-30 minute office procedure done under local Lidocaine injection of the skin and thyroid capsule.
- Pain is minimal as the sensory nerves are only on the capsule and skin. There none in the thyroid or nodule.
- There are minimal side effects and recovery is quick. Most patients leave after 45-60 minutes observation.
- Many return to work.
- Post thyroid RFA follow up is at 3,6, and 12 months.
- Thyroid RFA is less expensive done out of the hospital or imaging centers under local in my office.
- It is presently not covered but a medical loan can be obtained to pay the physician. The cost of Thyroid RFA is less than surgery and is about the same as the surgery co-pay.
- If you are serious in wanting to keep your thyroid gland and not have the need for thyroid hormone replacement post surgery, call me now.
- 310-393-8860, or email@example.com.
- Don’t be fooled by ads and websites by universities, hospitals, and radiologists who are new to treating thyroid patients.
- I have 8 years experience working with thyroid RF equipment.
Thyroid RF Ablation
is the FUTURE answer
to unnecessary surgery
Meet Dr. Guttler
The Thyroid Center of Santa Monica is a multi-service center established for the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disorders in Santa Monica, California. Since 1974, Dr. Richard Guttler, clinical thyroidologist and board-certified endocrinologist, has been the director for the Thyroid Center of Santa Monica. Dr. Guttler is also the sole owner of the Endocrine Neck Ultrasound Lab of Southern California, an extension of the thyroid center. He is an interventioal thyroidologist expert in ablation procedures with ethanol PEI and the new for the US radiofrequency ablation RFA.
Non-Surgical Thyroid Cancer Treatment
Your one-stop-shop for the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid conditions. My special expertise from 40 years of experience treating patients with thyroid nodules and cancer will give the patient the best chance to get the correct treatment and avoid unnecessary thyroid surgery.
Our practice is highly specialized and is one of only a few centers across the United States focused entirely on thyroid problems. We commonly serve patients who have been diagnosed with thyroid nodules,cancer, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and other conditions involving the thyroid. For patients diagnosed with thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules, we offer innovative, advanced techniques that are smart, cost-effective alternatives to surgery. Interventional thyroid procedures include ultrasound-guided percutaneous ethanol injections (PEI) for cysts and thyroid cancer lymph nodes, radiofrequency ablation for solid nodules. Because of our specialty services, patients come from all over the world to see Dr. Guttler. In addition, endocrinologists travel to Dr. Guttler’s office for his workshops and Masters classes offering advanced training and knowledge in thyroidology. Comments on a Yelp Review of my care for a patient with a large benign thyroid nodule. In Honor of a True Thyroid Specialist: “Dr.Guttler Does Everything Himself.” A true thyroid specialist should take command of the case. He needs to do the work himself. He needs to do the evaluation,draw his own blood and do a detailed neck ultrasound including neck lymph nodes,do the FNA, be able to evaluate to cells under the microscope, send molecular markers if needed, and most important do alternative treatments in his office. Ethanol and radiofrequency ablation expertise should be in his “tool Kit”. The patient wrote this about the prior physicians evaluating his case. “I felt like while each medical professional was competent at his/her piece of the puzzle, nobody was really looking at my case as an overall picture, and I never felt that there was anybody “in charge” of my case. I felt like each person was looking at his/her respective “tree,” but no one was looking holistically at the “forest.” DR.Guttler’s comments on the Yelp review:
- This is a classic case of the hoops patients have to go through to get a complete evaluation and recommendation on what to do with their benign thyroid nodule.
- First the primary that sends to the radiologist for ultrasound, after weeks back to radiology for a biopsy.Then after waiting for the pathology report they go back to their physician who tells them to see a surgeon. The surgeon says there is only one way to treat your thyroid problem and that is surgery. There was no alternatives given to surgery. He refused surgery but finally felt he had no choice and went to another university hospital for the whole re-workup. The results were the same. A benign thyroid nodule.
- He had two different evaluations from university thyroid specialists at two university centers in in New York City and Los Angeles. He had surgery planned and days before the planned surgery he tried one more time to avoid surgery. He canceled the elective surgery.
- He stated in the Yelp review “I found in Santa Monica , California, Dr. Richard Guttler. He did not appear to be affiliated with a major hospital; he seemed to be more of a “one-man band” of some kind. I met with Dr. Guttler and I realized rapidly that his approach is the approach I was looking for”
- “Dr. Guttler investigates your case, performs the blood tests, performs the sonogram, performs the biopsy, and does all of the evaluation himself. He personally handles every single aspect of your case — from start to finish — entirely by himself. He becomes an expert on your case, taking full responsibility for every element of the evaluation and diagnosis and treatment”.
- “Not only did I prefer Dr. Guttler’s holistic approach, but he literally used a methodology which was not used on me at New York Hospital/Cornell in Manhattan, one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country.”
- “Dr. Guttler agreed that something had to be done to reduce the size of the nodule. Dr. Guttler told me about a technique, new in the United States, but in use around the world for many years, called radio frequency ablation.
- “Dr. Guttler told me about a technique, new in the United States, but in use around the world for many years, called radio frequency ablation. This is a non-invasive procedure which uses harmless radio waves to shrink the nodule.”
- “This was the kind of non-scar procedure I had been hoping for for many years!”
- “Dr. Guttler performed the procedure, and the nodule shrunk by at least 75%. The procedure was a complete success! The nodule was vanquished, and I had no scar to show for my trouble.”
- “Dr. Guttler. He has literally personally pioneered the use of radio frequency ablation on thyroid nodules in the United States. Dr. Guttler has my highest and unqualified recommendation and respect!”
- Complete Yelp review listed below.
- date of review 11/2020
- If this story sounds familiar it is because most physicians will not refer you for alternative treatment just sends you to surgery.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask for Alicia for details on thyroid RFA.
The complete Yelp review “A doctor discovered a nodule on my thyroid about 20 years ago. It was benign, and small. Over time it grew to be large enough to be a significant problem. One could see an obvious bulge in my neck when I swallowed. A famous endocrinologist at New York Hospital/Cornell, in Manhattan, New York, strongly advised me to have the nodule surgically removed. The surgeon to whom this doctor referred me agreed with the recommendation of surgery But I was unwilling to accept the resulting permanent surgical scar on my neck. I moved to Los Angeles, and engaged a thyroid specialist at a large hospital in Los Angeles to evaluate my case anew. I went for another round of blood tests and sonograms and biopsies and evaluations. This doctor, and the surgeon to whom this doctor referred me, both recommended surgery as well. but I still was reluctant to accept a scar. In addition to my reluctance to accept a scar, my experience in New York and my first experience in Los Angeles were very similar and not reassuring. In both experiences an endocrinologist evaluated me; somebody else gave blood tests; somebody else performed a biopsy; someone else performed a sonogram, and I was referred to a surgeon who made a recommendation; and these pieces were summarized in a report which circled back to the endocrinologist. I felt like while each medical professional was competent at his/her piece of the puzzle, nobody was really looking at my case as an overall picture, and I never felt that there was anybody “in charge” of my case. I felt like each person was looking at his/her respective “tree,” but no one was looking holistically at the “forest.” Nonetheless this unanimity of opinion on two coasts in favor of surgery caused me to relent. I scheduled a surgery to have my thyroid nodule (and, likely, most or all of my thyroid) removed. A few days before the scheduled surgery, while I was going through the pre-operation process, I decided that, once again, I refused to have invasive surgery. The other thing I learned is that at big hospital complexes, if there is even the slightest chance of cancer — even if it is as low as around 5% to 10% — the standard protocol is simply to have the organ in question removed. A big hospital system would rather have a scar on your neck then take the chance of you dying from cancer on their watch. With a clean slate I looked for a new approach. I found in Santa Monica , California, Dr. Richard Guttler. He did not appear to be affiliated with a major hospital; he seemed to be more of a “one-man band” of some kind. I met with Dr. Guttler and I realized rapidly that his approach is the approach I was looking for. Dr. Guttler investigates your case, performs the blood tests, performs the sonogram, performs the biopsy, and does all of the evaluation himself. He personally handles every single aspect of your case — from start to finish — entirely by himself. He becomes an expert on your case, taking full responsibility for every element of the evaluation and diagnosis and treatment. In addition, he turns out to be one of the leading experts on thyroid nodules in the entire country. I actually have concluded that he is the leading medical expert on thyroid nodules in the entire country. Not only did I prefer Dr. Guttler’s holistic approach, but he literally used a methodology which was not used on me at New York Hospital/Cornell in Manhattan, one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country. When I had biopsies taken at Cornell the doctor did not use a real-time sonogram image to guide the insertion of the needle. At Cornell, for whatever reason, they are effectively sticking the biopsy needle in what they hope is the right place. Dr. Guttler was the first doctor I encountered who used a real-time sonogram to carefully and deliberately place the needle in exactly the right spot in the thyroid nodule for an accurate biopsy sample. In my case Dr. Guttler agreed with the other doctors and also advised that I could not allow the nodule to keep growing on its present trajectory. Dr. Guttler agreed that something had to be done to reduce the size of the nodule. Dr. Guttler told me about a technique, new in the United States, but in use around the world for many years, called radio frequency ablation. This is a non-invasive procedure which uses harmless radio waves to shrink the nodule. This was the kind of non-scar procedure I had been hoping for for many years! Dr. Guttler performed the procedure, and the nodule shrunk by at least 75%. The procedure was a complete success! The nodule was vanquished, and I had no scar to show for my trouble. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon Dr. Guttler. He has literally personally pioneered the use of radio frequency ablation on thyroid nodules in the United States. Dr. Guttler has my highest and unqualified recommendation and respect!” Thyroid Center of Santa Monica welcomes your call and looks forward to serving patients and their physicians. To request a consultation, please call our office at (310) 393-8860 or email to email@example.com
Thyroid No Surgery 101
FDA approved Thyroid RFA: Alternative to Surgery for solid nodules and cancer lymph nodes and small micro-papillary cancers in the thyroid gland as alternative to surgery or active surveillance.Certain parathyroid adenomas can be treated also without surgery. Call me at 310-393-8860 or secure email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask for Alicia.
Thyroid Radiofrequency RFA 101: RFA for benign thyroid nodules, and Thyroid Cancer nodal metastatic lymph nodes, and micro-papillary thyroid cancer
The patient with a cosmetic or symptomatic benign thyroid nodules can be treated with RFA. Also thyroid cancer lymph nodes and micro-papillary cancer can be an alternative to active surveillance. We will evaluate you to see if you are a candidate for RFA. On my recommendation t you can be treated in Europe or Korea until RFA is approved in the USA.