Endocrine Practice 27(2021) 1205-1211
Tufano R. et al
- 25 patients were treated with RFA for PTA.
- 29 enlarged glands were RFA treated.
- 22 had one session. 3 had 2 sessions.
- 84% cure rate.
- 12 month volume reduction in 26 glands >70%.
- Minor complications included post RF pain in 4/25 cases ( 16% )
- 1/25 had transient hypocalcemia ( 4% ).
- Parathyroid RFA is a safe treatment for selected cases of PTA. This is another potential replacement for surgery in patients that don’t want surgery.
- If you have a PTA and want to explore an alternative minimally invasive RF treatment call me at 310-393-8860 or email to email@example.com.
- Ask for Alicia.