Active Surveillance AS For Micro-papillary Thyroid Cancer:
27(2021) p. 1-7
National Survey of endocrinologists on AS.
B.J. Roman et al
- In 2017 when this survey was done, thyroid RFA was just becoming known in the USA.
- Recently insurance companies have approved payment for thyroid RFA for micropapillary cancer treatment.
- The use of thyroid RFA as a third alternative to surgery or AS has now been established.
- 324/345 (94%) surveyed felt AS was OK for some patients.
- 76% of endocrinologists would choose surgery over AS for there treatment in 2017!
- During this survey there was no mention other than surgery as an alternative to AS.
- In 2017 there was a reluctance to offer AS to their cancer patients.
- Safe and effective treatment with thyroid RFA is a viable alternative to surgery or AS for patients with micropapillary thyroid cancers.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email@example.com for details of thyroid RFA for your small thyroid cancer before you consider surgery or AS. Some insurance cover thyroid RFA for micropapillary thyroid cancers.
- Ask for Alicia.