- If the PTMC is not close to a vital structure, you do not need to use hydrodissection with dextrose water.
- Fixed electrode technique with 7 or 10 mm hot tip.
- Ablate 2-3 mm of normal thyroid around the 7 mm PTMC.
- 7 mm PTMC near the critical structures. Use dextrose hydrodissection to move the trachea or other vital structure away from the cancer.Use 3-5 mm hot tip. Moving shot technique. Ablate 2-3 mm of normal thyroid around the cancer.
- Taken from the virtual lecture by Dr.J.H. Baek at the recent course given by Star Med.
- I use this approach when treating Micro-pillary thyroid cancer the RFA.
- Call me at 3103938860 or secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask for Alicia.
Hydrodissection for Micropapillary Thyroid Cancer: When to use it.