- 20 years of image guided interventional methods have emerged as alternatives for treatment.
- Ethanol ablation PEI has been accepted as best treatment for thyroid cysts.
- Thermal ablation has been successful in size reduction of thyroid nodules that lasts years and relieves symptoms.
- Thermal ablation also has shown effectiveness treating micropapillary thyroid, recurrent metastatic lymph node cancer and parathyroid adenoma.
- Thermal ablation with radiofrequency, microwave or HIFU can be done safely as an outpatient and is well tolerated.
- The risk of needing thyroid hormone is small after these procedures.
- Also no surgical scar.
- I use ethanol and radiofrequency ablation in my office.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to email@example.com
- Ask for Alicia
- Comprehensive Review in Surgery October 2021 Kuo J. et al
Is Thyroidectomy Still the gold standard for all thyroid nodules,cancer, and metastatic lymph nodes?
Posted November 18, 2021 by Dr Guttler
Add Your Comment