Large Thyroid Nodules Have a Low Risk of Cancer. Why do Surgeons Rush off to Surgery When Radiofrequency Ablation RFA is Safe and is Minimally Invasive.
Article: The risk of Thyroid Cancer with Large Nodules 3 cm or larger is Low.
Endocrine Practice 26(11) Nov. 20121
Kornelius E. et al
- 7 year study that included all patients with large nodules that went to surgery.
- 132 patients.
- 19/132 had cancer ( 14%.)
- FNA had a high rate of detecting thyroid cancer.
- The size of the nodule should not be the sole reason for the surgery.
- In 2021 there are safe alternatives to treat benign thyroid nodules even when they are big and cause symptoms.
- RFA, Ethanol and Laser ablation are available.
- Call me for details.
- 3103938860 or secure email to email@example.com.
- Ask for Alicia.
How much is the RFA if I have three nodules?
Call 310-393-8860 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask for Alicia for details you request.
Add Your Comment