Patient Roadmap To Achieving Their Goal of Alternative Treatment for Their Thyroid Nodules and Cancer
Thyroid Ablation with Ethanol and Radiofrequency Ablation.
Don’t be fooled by ads and websites by hospitals, universities, radiologists, surgeons who are new to Treating thyroid patients with thyroid radiofrequency or ethanol ablation treatment.
I recommend a road map to success for you.
1. Do not settle for the surgeon’s recommendation, but seek outside opinions.You need to know thyroid surgery is an elective procedure and is rarely an emergency needing surgery now.
2. Do your homework. Look on the internet for thyroid minimally invasive ethanol and radiofrequency ablation.
3. Read about radiofrequency ablation and it’s success in solving your problem without surgery.
4. Find a interventional thyroidologists to help you reach your goals.
5. Give your records including your prior ultrasounds and biopsies if you decide to get that outside opinion.
6 Set up an evaluation to see if thyroid ablation procedures are right for your specific thyroid problem.
7.. If you are a candidate you will need to have certain blood tests before the treatment.
8. Questions about allergies, other illnesses, and if metal objects inserted in your body at prior surgeries or pacemakers.
9 Set a date for the 20-30 minute procedure that is performed under local Lidocaine injection of the skin and thyroid capsule in my office.
10 There are minimal pain and side effects and recovery is quick. Most leave the my office in 45 minutes.
11 Post RF follow up for ultrasounds are needed for one year.
I can help you without surgery, call now!
Richard Guttler MD, FACE, ECNU
Alicia Segovia RFA Information Officer
Santa Monica Thyroid Center
1328 16 th street
Santa monica Ca 90404