A case report
- 37 Y/O male with a Needle biopsy proven left lobe papillary thyroid cancer.
- Comes for a second opinion on the need for surgery. Discussed active surveillance, surgery and RFA. Patient opted for RFA.
- FH: goiter in GF in China.
- TFT’s were normal except the thyroglobulin was elevated 99 ng/ml N= 3-41
- PE small firm nodule on the left.
- US 36x41x44 mm 0.036 ml micropapillary thyroid cancer.
- Told about RFA and active surveillance but refused the latter.
- RFA took 20 minutes at 20 watts wit 5 mm hot tip electrode.
- No complications.
- 3 month follow up biopsy revealed no cancer cells.
- 18 month follow up still no sign on ultrasound of recurrence.
- Patient still has the whole thyroid gland and has no scar.
- The patient also is not taking thyroid hormone.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask for Alicia.
Add Your Comment