Dr.Guttler’s Thyroid Patient Blog Post: Long-Term Efficacy of a Single Session of RFA for Benign Thyroid Nodules.
1.Two hundred and fifteen patients were included.
2. An early significant reduction of nodule volume was found at 1 year, lasting up to 5 years.
3. A 67% nodule shrinkage was observed at the end of the observation period.
4. The best response was recorded in nodules below 10 mL (79% reduction early and 81% at 5 years)
5. Patients’ symptoms were significantly reduced.
6. This study, by demonstrating a durable shrinkage of benign thyroid nodules treated by RFA with an improvement of subjective symptoms.
7. This study and others establishes the reliability of RFA as alternative to surgery in the management of thyroid nodules.
8. Doing RFA thyroid nodule ablation since 2018 in the USA and prior use of thyroid RFA in teaching gives me years of experience with RFA for thyroid patients.
9. Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to thyroid,manager @thyroid.com
10.Ask for Alicia.
Maurilio Deandrea,et al
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 104, Issue 9, September 2019, Pages 3751–3756,