1. There is a debate on the use of “low dose” ethanol vs standard dosing.
2. Considering the very low complication rate of EA, even when a dose of more than 5 mL is used, the advantage of low-dose EA is questionable.
3. What is the advantage of a low dose in real-world practice?
4. I will continue to use standard dosing in my practice.
5. Call me at 310-393-8860 or thyroid.manager@thyroid .com for ethanol evaluation for your neck cysts, thyroid and parathyroid cysts.
Ask for Alicia
Ultrasonography. 2021 Oct; 40(4): 621–622.
Published online 2021 Apr 13. doi: 10.14366/usg.21012
Technical issues in ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation for thyroid lesions
See the reply “Re: Technical issues in ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation for thyroid lesions” in volume 40 on page 623.