- If there is <10% solid component ethanol ablation is the treatment of choice.
- 10-50% solid component a combination of PEI and RFA is the preferred therapy.
- >50% solid thyroid RFA is the preferred therapy.
- PEI 10% solid nodules 85-95 volume reduction. With RFA 90-92%.
- PEI 10-50% solid nodules 64-73% volume reduction. RFA 85-89% reduction.
- PEI > 50% solid 38-47% reduction. RFA 84-87%.
- PEI is the treatment of choice for <10% solid components.85-95% volume reduction.
- 10-50% solid PEI dropped to 64-73 % while RFA was still 85-89% reduction.
- >50 % solid PEI did poorly at 38-47% while RFA still was 84-87% reduction.
- The 10-50 % solid cases are best treated with PEI first followed by RFA.
Call me for details of PEI and RFA treatment of mixed cyst solid thyroid nodules.
310393-8860 or email@example.com.
Ask for Alicia